Though I'd unpacked the game and looked at everything, tonight was the first time I've had a chance to play "the good version". Unfortunately, I made two errors in ordering. The first was not a big deal; I forgot to get pawns and a box insert. For pawns we just used D&D figures. The second problem was more serious. I forgot to change the quantity of rubble empty cards from 1 to 7, so instead I ordered blank empty cards. It's still playable--we just use the existing cards and call the rest of the spaces empty--but the oversight was annoying.
With the near production quality prototype the game played well. The cards fit nicely in their spots. The chips I ordered are a good size and thick enough to be manageable. The board is great. It looks just like a "real" game. There is virtually no seam in the quad-fold board when it is unfolded. Considering I did all the graphics in a few hours, I think it turned out quite well.
And a great thing about tonight's playtest, we found a couple points to clarify. The rules had seemed pretty solid, so it's good to find a bug or two to let us know we're still working. :) Now I just have to get more people to play. We haven't done a four-player game yet, and the balance might change things considerably. Overall, though, the game has progressed nicely, and I'll be happy to pull this prototype out on game days to playtest further.